Fraser Valley Regional District, BC
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:The successful candidate will possess apost-secondary certificate,diploma,or degree in Finance, Negotiations, Commerce, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
The Financial Coordinator oversees negotiations with clients to determine the level of eligible supports. The Financial Coordinator must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficiency in ICM usage considered an asset.
Reviews required eligibility and funder to determine required paperwork for:
- Course info and costs
- Unconditional letter of acceptance
- Quote/costs for books and supplies
- Dependent care costs and details
- Disability-related support quotes
- Completes required documentation and communication to verify client eligibility for EI related services when applicable
- Reviews applications for training, self-employment, and financial agreements
- Reviews client financial information and creates client budget and financial agreements
- Discusses and negotiates preliminary budgets and financial agreements with clients
- Requests budget approval from Provincial Director
- Creates payment schedules and budgets for accounting department
- Meets with clients to discuss training and sign required financial agreements
- Reviews wage subsidy employment agreements
- Liaises with daycare providers and issue child daycare supports
- Scans and uploads receipts to ICM in accordance with WorkBC policy
- Mitigates overpayments to clients
- Initiates overpayment collection process with assistance from manager
- Monitors client progress to ensure clients are successful in training, self-employment and wage subsidy programs
- Liaises with employers regarding wage subsidy documentation, agreements and pay schedules.