Salary: $53,056.31 /year
LOCATIONS: Mission, Abbotsford, Penticton, Summerland, & Oliver
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Relevant post-secondary certificate, degree or diploma in Counseling, Education, Social Work, Psychology or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education, and significant experience providing employment services as a Case Manager, Facilitator or Resource Room Worker.
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
The Resource Room Navigator is responsible for encouraging, through a coaching methodology, full participation by participants in employment services. Provides assistance and support to the Community resources and employment Resource Room users on an individual or group basis The Resource Room Navigator must possess excellent customer service skills. An excellent understanding of the EPBC model as it relates to front line and self-serve services to clients, is necessary. The Resource Room Navigator must be familiar with program eligibility criteria. Knowledge of local labour market events and trends is beneficial, as well as good knowledge of local crisis service providers, community groups, and agencies.
The Resource Room Navigator must be able to work with culturally and socially diverse populations, have excellent time management and organizational skills, and be able to work constructively as a member of a larger work group, and collaboratively with other team members.
- Conducts Preliminary Needs Assessment (PNA), based on Ministry prescribed format and tools;
- Makes referral to appropriate Employment Coach and/or WorkBC self-service tools
- Issues financial supports, job search supports and job start supports to clients in accordance with WorkBC Policy
- Ensures resources are current and readily available to clients.
- Provides referrals for clients to other community services such as housing, food banks, Kelowna Community Resources, etc.
- Performs Workshop Facilitation duties as required, on a wide variety of Job Search, Job Maintenance and Job Preparation topics using prepared curriculum
- Delivers Internet and basic computer training sessions
- Researches web and downloads job postings from various sites
- Assists clients with job postings and internet job search and labour market information and research
- Provides assistance to clients in resume and cover letter writing, and completing job applications for self-serve clients.
- Helps clients with use of job search materials such as directories, newspapers, books, etc.
- Assists clients when necessary with office equipment (computers, fax, phones, and photocopier)
- Experience working with Employment Counselling theories and process and career assessment tools;
- Effective time management skills and ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- French language proficiency considered an asset.