Fraser Valley Regional District, BC
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:The successful candidate will possess a post-secondary certificate,diploma,or degree in teaching, career development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, sociology, human services, counselling education, human resources, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
The Workshop Facilitator develops and conducts workshops that build employability and life skills for participants in both group and individual sessions as required. Must have experience working with multi-barriered clients, demonstrating a non-judgmental and positive approach to challenges. Possess solid knowledge of all facets of job search and career development techniques and practices, and have experience in public speaking and developing PowerPoint presentations. The Job Developer must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficiency in ICM usage considered an asset.
- Develops life and work skill employment workshop curriculum
- Facilitates interactive group and individual-based employment programs/workshops
- Promotes programs throughout business, youth and other relevant communities
- Utilizes knowledge of local community service providers and partners
- Assists and support clients with employment search and career planning
- Conducts and interprets client needs assessments
- Research and collect information on the labour market and community employment resources, utilize and distribute this information in workshop materials for clients
- Conduct appropriate and regular follow up activities with clients
- Complete administrative duties as required to support program staff and program requirements
- Assist in the development and implementation of presentations to community groups, local service clubs, levels of government and the general public for outreach and recruitment of participants
- Assist with Resource Room duties/coverage and other duties as required
- Working knowledge of the French language would be a strong asset