Salary: $26.12 /hour
Client Service Representatives form an integral part of the ICBC team by delivering professional and informative frontline services to the Corporation’s diverse customer base. Working in the fast-paced environment of a Driver Licencing Centre, they assess the eligibility of clients for driver licences, process requests for ID and other services, and answer a high volume of customer inquiries. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to advance their customer service experience in a corporate environment with an employer that values diversity and inclusion.
We have two positions available.
Position 1: P/T, up to 28 hours per week
Position 2: F/T, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Kamloops, BC
*Training will take place in Vancouver – accommodation & travel expenses covered by ICBC*
Duration: 6 months – staring August 24th. Possibility of extension or permanent opportunities upon completion of the contract
Schedule: Monday to Friday, hours dependent on P/T or F/T position
Hourly Wage: $26.12 (+ 18.8% in lieu of benefits/vacation = $31.03)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respond to a variety of inquiries related to driver licensing
- Explain licensing policies and procedures to clients, including frustrated individuals and those whose first language is not English
- Determine whether requirements for driver’s license renewals, duplicates and BCID cards have been met
- Assess identification/documents to ensure validity
- Administer knowledge/vision tests and determine results
- Operate digital photo and vision testing equipment
- Follow procedures related to cash handling and revenue transactions
- Access computer systems and databases to enter, retrieve, analyze, and edit a variety of reports and data
- Comply with privacy regulations and work in accordance with specified timelines
- Perform follow-vehicle duties (driving ICBC car following another vehicle being tested for a license while the driver examiner takes notes in the passenger seat).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma
- 2 years’ experience working in a customer-facing environment
- Cash handling experience in a busy environment – banking experience is an asset
- Confident ability to multi-task and deal with rush periods
- High standard of customer service with excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Minimum data entry proficiency of 5000 nkph at 95% accuracy
- Valid Class 5 license for follow-vehicle duties
- Able to stand on feet for prolonged periods
- CSIS Clearance: must have 10 years’ Canadian residence
- Credit must be in good standing
- Punctuality and full commitment to the duration of the assignment is essential.
Better Choice Staffing is pre-screening candidates for this position. Selected candidates are required to complete a short data entry assessment, pre-screen Skype/phone interview, and have two reference checks completed. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only candidates that meet the qualifying criteria will be contacted.
Contract length: 6 months