We are always looking for people with legal experience to join our talent pool, to be considered for temporary and permanent positions we continually receive with our clients in the legal field. Opportunities can include but are not limited to the following positions: Legal Receptionist, Legal Administrative Assistant, Legal Secretary, Paralegal. Temporary contracts have the potential to be extended or transitioned into permanent employment.
Locations of Work: Victoria, Saanich
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone inquiries on behalf of the office
- Schedule appointments
- Organize and distribute incoming mail, and prepare outgoing mail
- Prepare, format and edit legal correspondence
- Negotiate and prepare contracts
- Create and maintain client files
- Assist with trial preparation
- Transcribe documents
- Submit reports
- Complete billing duties
- Liaise with clients and other law firms
- Other support as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Post-secondary education in a legal-related discipline, e.g. Paralegal Diploma, Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate, etc.
- At least 1 year of experience in a BC law firm
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) with a high standard of English grammar
- Proficiency in MS Office suites and proprietary programs
- Excellent attention to detail and strong proofreading skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadline-based tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills with flexibility to changing demands
- Professional demeanour and conscientious character with a high degree of integrity
- Ability to uphold confidentiality at all times
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
To join our talent pool and receive updates about opportunities in the legal field, please upload your resume on the ‘Contact Us’ page. Candidates with the skills and experience our clients are looking for will be contacted for a pre-screen interview at our office.