We are always looking for payroll and benefits administrators to join our talent pool to be considered for a variety of temporary and permanent positions we continually receive with our clients. Our clients include Crown corporations, non-profit organizations, and private firms. Opportunities range from part-time entry-level support to permanent positions requiring a professional designation. Temporary contracts have the potential to be extended or transitioned into permanent employment.
Locations of Work: Victoria, Langford, Saanichton, Sidney
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review employee timesheets for accuracy and completeness
- Process payroll for hourly and salaried employees (union or non-union) while complying with provincial legislation, collective agreements and organizational procedures
- Administer benefits
- Complete required remittances i.e. WorkSafe BC
- Calculate and input pay adjustments (bonuses, severance pay) and voluntary deductions
- Maintain accurate records for employees including new hires, terminations, and transfers
- Maintain accurate records of vacation and leave requests
- Prepare payroll reports for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- Reconcile payroll general ledger accounts
- Process ROEs
- Prepare T4s
- Answer employee and vendor inquiries
- Provide support to audits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 1 year of full-time experience processing payroll for 5+ employees
- Being a certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner is an asset
- Completion of the Canadian Payroll Association’s Payroll Compliance Legislation is preferred for candidates without Canadian payroll experience
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation may be required for some positions
- Experience in unionized payroll working with collective agreements is an asset
- Practical experience with payroll software e.g. ADP, Payworks, QuickBooks, Ceridian, etc.
- Knowledge of US payroll legislation is useful for some positions
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Accountability and a strong ability to communicate effectively in a team
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Candidates with the skills and experience our clients are looking for will be contacted for an interview.