We are always looking for accountants and bookkeepers to join our talent pool and assist our clients in Greater Victoria. Our opportunities include temporary placements, fixed-term contracts, and permanent roles.
Our clients include the provincial government, Crown corporations, non-profit organizations, local businesses, and public accounting firms.
Opportunities can include but are not limited to the following positions: Bookkeeper, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Payable Administrator, Accounting Coordinator, Financial Analyst, Accounting Manager, Senior Accountant, Controller.
Locations of work include Victoria, Saanichton, Sidney, and Langford. Positions may also be remote.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 1 year of experience in accounting or bookkeeping roles (some practical experience within Canada is an asset)
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting, Business, Commerce, Economics or other relevant education preferred, but not mandatory
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA , CFA, etc.) typically required for more senior positions
- Strong understanding of Canadian accounting principles and tax systems
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Practical experience with accounting programs (QuickBooks, Sage, etc.)
- Auditing experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with both internal management and external customers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and efficiently manage own workload
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
To join our talent pool and receive updates about accounting opportunities, please upload your resume on the ‘Contact Us’ page. Candidates with the skills and experience our clients are looking for will be contacted for a pre-screen interview.