We are always looking for accountants and bookkeepers to join our talent pool for a variety of temporary and permanent opportunities we continually receive with our clients in Greater Victoria. Our clients include the provincial government, Crown corporations, non-profit organizations, and private firms. Opportunities can include but are not limited to the following positions: Bookkeeper, Accounts Receivable Assistant, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounting Coordinator, Financial Analyst, Accounting Manager, Senior Accountant, Controller. Many temporary contracts have the potential to be extended or transitioned into permanent employment.
Locations of Work: Victoria, Saanichton, Sidney, Langford
General Responsibilities and Duties:
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintain files (digital and paper)
- Perform cash and credit reconciliations and resolve discrepancies
- Complete journal entries
- Deposit cheques
- Complete tax remittances
- Generate financial reports for month-end, year-end, etc.
- Analyze financial statements
- Analyze and develop business plans
- Create and monitor budgets
- Complete audits
- Answer inquiries related to billing, invoices, etc.
- Provide additional support as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 1 year of full-time experience in accounting or bookkeeping (some practical experience within Canada is an asset)
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting, Business, Commerce, Economics or other relevant education preferred, but not mandatory
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA , CFA, etc.) typically required for more senior positions
- Strong understanding of Canadian accounting principles and tax systems
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Practical experience with accounting programs (QuickBooks, ORACLE, Sage 50, Sage 300, etc.)
- Auditing experience
- Experience in change management and risk management
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with both internal management and external customers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and efficiently manage own workload
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
To join our talent pool and receive updates about accounting opportunities, please upload your resume on the ‘Contact Us’ page. Candidates with the skills and experience our clients are looking for will be contacted for a pre-screen interview at our office.