We are always looking for candidates with administrative experience to join our talent pool for a variety of temporary and permanent positions we continually receive with our clients in Greater Victoria. Our clients include the provincial government, Crown corporations, non-profit organizations, and private firms. Opportunities can include but are not limited to the following roles: Receptionist, Administrative Assistant, Document Management Clerk, Data Entry Clerk, Medical Office Assistant, Office Coordinator, Office Manager, and Executive Assistant. Temporary contracts have the potential to be extended or transitioned into permanent employment.
Locations of Work: Victoria, Saanich, Saanichton, Langford, Sidney
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide reception coverage, acting as the first point of contact for walk-in customers
- Answer telephone calls and operate a multi-line switchboard
- Prepare, format, scan, print, and fax documents
- Receive, organize, and distribute incoming mail, and prepare outgoing mail
- Organize and file documents and records (paper and digital)
- Input data into systems
- Schedule appointments and manage calendars
- Organize meetings (including catering and room bookings)
- Take and distribute meeting minutes
- Prepare internal and external correspondence
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Process expenses
- Update business websites and social media channels
- Order and restock office supplies
- Assist with procurement
- Other admin support as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Administrative experience in any industry will be considered
- High School Diploma or GED is required at a minimum
- Office Administration Certificate or other relevant education may be considered in lieu of office experience
- Proficiency in MS Office suites (will be assessed)
- Experience with SharePoint is an asset
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written) with a high standard of business English
- Strong initiative and willingness to learn new systems and office procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility to changing demands
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Conscientious and receptive to feedback
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
To join our talent pool and receive updates about administrative opportunities, please upload your resume on the ‘Contact Us’ page. Candidates with the skills and experience our clients are looking for will be contacted for a pre-screen interview at our office.