We are always looking for payroll and benefits administrators to join our talent pool to be considered for a variety of temporary and permanent positions we continually receive with our clients. Our clients include Crown corporations, non-profit organizations, and private firms. Opportunities range from part-time entry-level support to permanent positions requiring a professional designation. Temporary contracts have the potential to be extended or transitioned into permanent employment.
Locations of Work: Victoria, Langford, Saanichton, Sidney
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review employee timesheets for accuracy and completeness
- Process payroll for hourly and salaried employees (union or non-union) while complying with provincial legislation, collective agreements and organizational procedures
- Administer benefits
- Complete required remittances i.e. WorkSafe BC
- Calculate and input pay adjustments (bonuses, severance pay) and voluntary deductions
- Maintain accurate records for employees including new hires, terminations, and transfers
- Maintain accurate records of vacation and leave requests
- Prepare payroll reports for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- Reconcile payroll general ledger accounts
- Process ROEs
- Prepare T4s
- Answer employee and vendor inquiries
- Provide support to audits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 1 year of full-time experience processing payroll for 5+ employees
- Being a certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner is an asset
- Completion of the Canadian Payroll Association’s Payroll Compliance Legislation is preferred for candidates without Canadian payroll experience
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation may be required for some positions
- Experience in unionized payroll working with collective agreements is an asset
- Practical experience with payroll software e.g. ADP, Payworks, QuickBooks, Ceridian, etc.
- Knowledge of US payroll legislation is useful for some positions
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Accountability and a strong ability to communicate effectively in a team
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
To join our talent pool and receive updates about opportunities in payroll, please upload your resume on the ‘Contact Us’ page. Candidates with the skills and experience our clients are looking for will be contacted for a pre-screen interview at our office.