For a number of years, Better Choice Staffing has assisted Maximus Canada with its recruitment for a variety of customer service roles. Maximus helps administer several government services across Canada, including MSP and Pharmacare.
CSR roles involve answering a high volume of inbound queries from residents relating to government programs and services.
These roles typically start as auxiliary, on-call positions, with the option to apply for other positions, including permanent positions, after reaching a certain time period.
Some positions require flexible availability, which may include being able to work evenings or weekends.
Remote positions will require candidates to have a hardwire internet connection (i.e. access to a modem) and a safe, private workspace. These roles may require candidates to sit for long periods.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous customer service experience in a call centre, retail, office, or hospitality environment
- A pleasant and professional phone manner
- Effective and flexible communication skills
- Patience and empathy
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution
- Solid MS Office skills
- A typing speed of 30 wpm and data entry speed of 5000 ksph
Supervisor positions also become available, which require at least 2 years of expereince leading teams, ideally in a call centre environment. Other important experience would be recruiting, training, scheduling, and coaching performance.