We welcome you to send us your resume if you have a background in human resources, either as a generalist or specialist. Opportunities with our clients may vary between temporary entry-level filing support, a HR Coordinator contract, or a need for a permanent, designated HR Manager.
Locations of work include Victoria, Saanichton, Sidney, and Langford. Positions may also be remote.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 2 years of experience in a HR capacity in an organization with 10+ employees
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources (e.g. certificate or post-degree diploma) is an asset
- CPHR designation is preferred for some positions
- Experience in a unionized environment and knowledge of collective agreements is a bonus
- Strong knowledge of applicable legislation including the BC Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, and Workers Compensation Act
- Solid understanding of best HR practices
- Experience working with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Experience in policy creation and implementation
- A high level of knowledge and applied experience in at least 3 of the following areas:
- Workforce planning and recruitment
- Rewards and compensation
- Performance management and development
- Organizational culture and employee engagement
- Labour and employee relations
- Occupational health and safety
- Innovative with good change management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to uphold confidentiality of sensitive or priviledged information
- Motivated to continuously develop knowledge and remain updated on changing legislation and trends within HR
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
To join our talent pool and receive updates about HR opportunities, please upload your resume on the ‘Contact Us’ page. Candidates with the skills and experience our clients are looking for will be contacted for a pre-screen interview.