We are frequently asked to supply various provincial government ministries and offices with temporary administrative staff. Assignments typically last for 1 month but come with the possibility of extension, additional work at a later time, or an offer of an auxiliary term. Some assignments may require previous government experience. Opportunities can include but are not limited to the following positions: Administrative Assistant, Data Entry Clerk, Records Management Clerk, Finance Clerk, Operations Officer, Communications Officer, Executive Assistant. These assignments are a great option for anyone looking to get their foot in the door of government, or for retirees looking for additional income.
Locations of Work: Downtown Victoria, Saanichton
General Responsibilities and Duties:
- Answer and field telephone inquiries
- Monitor email inboxes
- Scan, organize and file confidential records
- Upload and track correspondence on the proprietary database
- Input large amounts of data
- Organize meetings and take minutes
- Prepare and process invoices
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Process expenses
- Liaise with other offices and ministries
- Other admin support as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Clerical experience in an office setting
- Experience outside the public sector will be considered
- High proficiency in MS Office suites with strong typing skills
- Knowledge of CLIFF, TRIM, ARCS/ORCS, or eApprovals software is an asset
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written) with a high standard of English grammar
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong time management skills and ability to maintain focus during repetitive tasks
- Ability to follow directions and ask questions for clarity
- Willingness to learn new systems and adapt to specific office procedures/processes
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Conscientious and receptive to feedback.
To join our talent pool and receive updates about opportunities with the provincial government, please upload your resume on the ‘Contact Us’ page. Candidates with the skills and experience our clients are looking for will be contacted for a pre-screen interview at our office.