Better Choice Staffing is pleased to announce that we have been rewarded the Provincial Government contract for 2021 onwards! You are in good hands as our President has 14 years’ experience managing this contract and specializing in supporting individuals to get their foot in the door in the BC Government.
We are frequently asked to supply various provincial government ministries and offices with temporary administrative staff. Assignments typically last for 1 month but come with the possibility of extension, additional work at a later time, or an offer of an auxiliary term. Some assignments may require previous government experience.
Opportunities typically include the following responsibilities:
- Data Entry
- Records Management
- Communications and Event Coordination
- Executive Assistance
These assignments are a great option for anyone looking to get their foot in the door of government, or for retirees looking for additional income.
Locations of work include downtown Victoria and Saanichton. Some positions may be remote.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Clerical experience in an office setting
- Experience outside the public sector will be considered
- High proficiency in MS Office suites with strong typing skills
- Knowledge of CLIFF, TRIM, ARCS/ORCS, or eApprovals software is an asset
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (printers, scanners, fax machines, etc.)
- Experience managing calendars, organizing meetings, and taking minutes
- Experience completing records management or data entry projects
- Clear and confident phone manner
- Professional written communication skills with a high standard of English grammar
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong time management skills and ability to maintain focus during repetitive tasks
- Ability to follow directions and ask questions for clarity
- Willingness to learn new systems and adapt to specific office procedures/processes
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Conscientious and receptive to feedback.
To join our talent pool and receive updates about opportunities with the provincial government, please upload your resume on the ‘Contact Us’ page. Candidates with the skills and experience our clients are looking for will be contacted for a pre-screen interview.